Housing Program Meeting Being Held
Tuesday, May 19th at 11:00 a.m.
Oelwein Chamber and Area Development
25 West Charles, Oelwein, IA
Upper Explorerland Regional Planning Commission (UERPC) is hosting a meeting regarding housing programs that are available in Northeast Iowa. Guest speakers include Jeremy Babcock and Steve Benne with Iowa Economic Development Authority (IEDA), Jerry Floyd and Rita Eble from the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) and Kathy Pfiffner from USDA.
Hot Topics include:
- IEDA Workforce Housing Tax Incentive Program (WHTIP) is to provide financial incentives for the development of housing.
- IEDA Owner Occupied Rehabilitation to assist with rehabilitation assistance for low-to moderate income homeowners in their community.
- IFA First Time Homebuyer or Qualified Veteran program to assist with down payment and rehabilitation assistance.
- USDA-Repair and Rehabilitation Program to assist applicants with 1% loans and those 62 and older with grants for homeowner rehabilitation.
- USDA Direct and Guaranteed loan programs for help in purchasing homes.
- USDA Multi-Family Housing to assist with rental assistance in rural development financed apartments.
- UERPC Housing Trust Fund Programs-Funding available to assist homeowners and landlords with rehabilitation assistance.
- UERPC-Housing Choice Voucher program provides rental assistance to those under 50% of HUD’s income guidelines.
This meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 19, 2015 at 11:00 A.M. at the Oelwein Chamber and Area Development office at 25 West Charles Street, in Oelwein. If you are interested in attending this meeting or would like more information please contact Mary Huinker at 563-864-7551 ext. 111 or by emailing Lori Brockway at firstname.lastname@example.org.