Date: March 23rd, 2020
To: Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Participants & Landlords
From: Upper Explorerland Regional Housing Authority (UERHA) Management
Subject: COVID-19 Operations & Services
EFFECTIVE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 25TH, 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please be advised, effective Wednesday, March 25th until further notice, Upper Explorerland Regional Housing Authority will be implementing the following measures to project our staff, tenants, and stakeholders:
- Recertification deadlines will be extended as need demands
- Closure of Section 8 office to the public with staff working remotely
- Suspension of in person inspections (self-certification inspections will be implemented)
- Suspension of terminations
- Suspension of voucher issuance for current and new clients
- Suspension of moves and portability
- Landlord payments will continue to be processed
however delays may be experienced
Our staff will continue to serve clients both remotely and in office as required to complete essential functions. We ask that all communication be done through phone, email, fax and/or the dropbox located outside our office 134 West Greene Street, Postville, Iowa 52612. Voicemails will be checked several times per day and your call will be returned within 24 hours. The best way to contact staff during this time is via email. Please see attached document for additional information.
Capacity will be limited during this time; we ask for your patience
during this rapidly changing situation.
These are challenging times, but we are here for you. We echo our governor’s guidance and strongly urge you to follow public health directives stay home if ill or experiences symptoms. We will continue to keep you updated on UERHA services during this unprecedented public health crisis. Further changes will be posted on our website at Click Here.
Staff can be contacted via email at the following:
- Karine Schager, General Assistance Questions, email@example.com
- Kayla Miller, Case Worker-Allamakee, Howard, and Winneshiek Counties & West Union, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Casey Meyer, Case Worker-Fayette & Clayton Counties, email@example.com
- Katie Nolte, Housing Department Head, firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also leave a voicemail at (563) 864-7551. Voicemails will be returned within 24 hours of your call.
Submission of Information:
Tenants and landlords may submit documents to Upper Explorerland through the following means:
- Email (see above)
- Postal Mail-134 West Greene Street, Postville, IA 52162
- Drop-box located outside our offices at the address above
- Fax-(563) 864-7535
Reporting Income Changes
To report a change in income the change must be anticipated to last longer than 30 days. Income changes should be reported within 14 days of the change occurrence. Changes in assistance as a result of an income change will take effect in the month following the report. Due to a the COVID-19 pandemic we will be allowing tenants to self-certify income changes with follow up verification. Please contact your caseworker to obtain a income change request form.